Qantas mainline have added a 3rd weekly flight to the SYD-ZQN route for the summer holiday period with QF183/184 operating on Sundays
QF183 SYD-ZQN 0855-1350
QF184 ZQN-SYD 1455-1555
The first flight on Sunday 20-December-2009 was operated by Boeing 737-838 VH-VXE, the last flight is scheduled for Sunday 14-February-2010
Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand have launched their SYD-ROT service with the inaugural service on Saturday 12-December-2009 being operated by Airbus A320-232 ZK-OJE.
The route is currently operating 1x weekly but this increases to 2x weekly from today Monday 21-December-2009.
The Summer trans-tasman schedule to "regional" airports is as follows.
- SYD-ROT-SYD 2x weekly Mo, Sa
- SYD-ZQN-SYD 2x weekly Tu, Sa
- SYD-DUD-SYD 2x weekly Mo, Fr (Commenced Friday 4-December-2009 operated by ZK-OJD)
- BNE-ZQN-BNE 1x weekly Su (Commenced Sunday 20-December-2009 operated by ZK-OJO)
- MEL-ZQN-MEL 1x weekly Sa (Commencing Saturday 26-December-2009)
- MEL-DUD-MEL 1x weekly Th (commenced Thursday 17-December-2009 operated by ZK-OJG)
Pacific Blue was slightly affected by tropical cyclone Mick which hit Fiji on Monday 14-December-2009, with ZK-PBM and ZK-PBF both doing mid-air turn backs to BNE and SYD respectively.
Pacific Blue was replaced by fellow Virgin group airline V Australia on the SYD-NAN route on Friday 18-December-2009, with the route now being flown by the V Australia 77Ws. This has freed up the Pacific Blue 73H that was on this route. As a result:
SYD-WLG-SYD moves to 5x weekly (weekdays) up from 3x weekly.
AKL-SYD-AKL moves to 11x weekly up from daily
Sunday 20-December-2009 saw:
ZK-PBK operate SYD-NAN-SYD as DJ9155/9154 in lieu of the V Australia 77W.
ZK-PBM operated BNE-VLI-BNE as DJ9181/9180 while
VH-VUN operated the scheduled BNE-NAN-BNE DJ177/176