Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia (Pacific Blue) have announced their new joint trans-tasman network.
Some key points
- WLG-BNE Pacific Blue to operate a double daily return
- CHC-BNE combined double daily return service
- ZQN-SYD 1 flight five days a week in peak periods
- WLG-SYD Air New Zealand to operate a double daily return service
- Air New Zealand to take over all flying AKL-CNS
- Pacific Blue to take over all SYD/MEL-DUD peak period services
The biggest winner out of this seems to be Wellington who are now guaranteed a double daily service to both Brisbane and Sydney although Melbourne still isnt served daily. Christchurch gets a double daily return to all 3 major Australian capitals, while Air New Zealand will also increase flights to Adelaide and Perth from Auckland.
For more about the new network check out the airnewzealand.co.nz
Press Release HERE
__ __ __ __ __
In slightly related news Virgin Australia yesterday rebranded their HQ "Virgin Village" in Brisbane with the new Virgin Australia branding, replacing the branding of the Virgin group airlines, Virgin Blue, Pacific Blue, Polynesian Blue & V Australia.
Post a Comment