Air New Zealand have sent two emails to their airpoints members regarding this, the headers of both can be seen below
Virgin Australia have launched the following advertisement as seen on their facebook page
The front page of the Air New Zealand website looks like this
As you can see Air New Zealand are not only advertising the direct services but also $50 add on fares to other ports on the Virgin Australia domestic network. The link below this to the find out more shows you how the Virgin Australia (Pacific Blue) fares and service equates to the Air New Zealand Seats to Suit fares. See for yourself HERE
At time of writing the Virgin Australia website was showing advertising for their daily happy hour sale. But in their media release section is the release pertaining to the new tie-up (HERE) below is an extract of what customers can expect.
From July 26, Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia trans-Tasman services will offer:
- Reciprocal Frequent Flyer programmes that cover both airlines’ networks, enabling Airpoints and Velocity members to earn and redeem frequent flyer points on each other’s services;
- Reciprocal lounge access for eligible customers1;
- Priority seating in dedicated zones for top tier frequent flyers;
- Priority Check-in, Baggage and Boarding for Premium Guests and eligible Airpoints and Velocity members; and
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water in-flight to all customers, as well as a food and beverage service for customers on the relevant fare types. The new Virgin Australia food and beverage service includes a continental breakfast, lunchtime wrap or evening meal with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Post a Comment