- Monday 31-August-2009 ZK-PBJ operated DJ9050 from AKL to HLZ via some overflying of towns and cities in the region to promote the launch.
- Tuesday 01-September-2009 ZK-PBJ launched the inaugural PBN103 HLZ-SYD, followed by PBN88 SYD-ZQN, and PBN89 ZQN-SYD.
- Wednesday 02-September-2009 saw ZK-PBA operate the inaugural PBN104 SYD-HLZ
- Thursday 03-September-2009 saw ZK-PBD operate the inaugural PBN64 BNE-DUD and PBN65 DUD-BNE
- Thursday 03-September-2009 also saw ZK-PBG operate the inaugural PBN86 BNE-HLZ
- Saturday 05-September-2009 saw ZK-PBI opearate the inaugural PBN85 HLZ-BNE
- Monday 14-September-2009 saw ZK-PBD operate the inaugural PBN56 SYD-WLG and then PBN57 WLG-SYD, although this is a resumption of the SYD-WLG connection after a few years absence.
Virgin Blue/Pacific Blue have painted Boeing 737-8FE VH-VUF 'Hobart Honey' in Pacific Blue colours, VUF re-entered domestic Australian service as VOZ1814 TSV-MEL on Thursday 10-September-2009. As yet VUF is yet to enter international route service.
Boeing 737-7FE VH-VBZ which was slated for painting into Pacific Blue colours has not yet received the paint job, and these plans now appear to either be on hold, or canceled.
ZK-PBJ operating PBN92 APW-AKL diverted to WLG arriving on Monday 14-September-2009 at 0440 local time, it then departed as DJ7092 at 0715 local.
Codes used in this post:
DJ - Virgin Blue/Pacific Blue
PBN - Pacific Blue (NZ)
PBH - Pacific Blue (Aust)
VOZ - Virgin Blue
APW - Apia, Samoa
AKL - Auckland, New Zealand
BNE - Brisbane, Australia
DUD - Dunedin, New Zealand
HLZ - Hamilton, New Zealand
SYD - Sydney, Australia
WLG - Wellington, New Zealand
ZQN - Queenstown, New Zealand