Today at 10am AEST Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce held a press conference to launch the “a new spirit” concept that is the base for sweeping changes in the way Qantas looks, feels and operates.
The announcement of these changes have been widely publicised and expected and has now been introduced.
A brief overview of the changes coming up are:
- Qantas will axe its SYD-EZE (Buenos Aries) route instead flying to Santiago (SCL) initially 3x weekly
- Qantas will focus its A380s onto services to/from LAX and LHR via SIN
- Qantas will cut other services to LHR via any intermediary other than SIN (ie BKK, HKG)
- Qantas will focus on its relationships with fellow OneWorld airlines American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA) and Malaysian Airlines (MH) offering multiple services on these airlines throughout America and Europe
- By years end QF will have 12 A380s, Qantas have also deferred the delivery of 6 A380s by 5-6 years, with A380s nuber 15-20 being delivered in the period of 2018-2021 to match up with the retirement of the 744 fleet.
- 4 747-400s (744) will be retired this year, with the remainder being upgraded to match the product offered on the A380s, with the entire 744 fleet completed by June 2014.
- New lounges will be opened in SIN, HKG, BKK, LAX
- There will be a new Platinum 1 tier for frequent flyers with additional benefits for Silver and Gold members
- A new fleet strategy aimed at a simplified, high flexibility fleet offering lower costs
- A new order has been placed with Airbus for 110 A320s, of which 28-32 will be the current generation with 78 A320NEO, the NEO options will comprise roughly 50% fleet replacement and 50% new aircraft to meet expected growth
- New Name – will not be QF
- New Look
- New Feel
- New Brand
- New Aircraft
- Will leverage Qantas knowledge and safety
- 49% stake from QF
- Base, etc to be announced in the near future
- Initial fleet of 11 A320s, comprising 8 from the new order and 3 existing aircraft.
- Will fly throughout Asia and especially China/India as well as flying to Australia.
- Will provide feed to Qantas and visa versa
More details on the Qantas announcement including links will be blogged later on
Post a Comment