We jammed a plane full of rugby fans, some crazy Air New Zealand staff and asked some of our All Black friends to lend a hand. After two long days shooting, here's what we came up with. Created for our Domestic 737 service.But what Air New Zealand failed to do was film this video on a 737. It is very clearly filmed on an A320 - ZK-OJO to be precise. The key identifying features are:
- PTVs in the seatbacks (737s don't have these)
- Curtains separating business class with economy (737s are all economy)
- No yoke steering in the cockpit (737s have control yokes, A320s have side sticks)
- A fully electronic display cockpit
- In the scene with Richie McCaw sitting in the pilots seat the dash clearly says ZK-OJO
What makes this worse for Air New Zealand is this issue was raised with me by a non aviation geek, who noticed it wasn't filmed on a 737!
So props to Air New Zealand for filming another great safety video, but a big loss of points for the glaring error of filming a 737 safety video on an A320.
(But the old girl streaking still makes me laugh!!)