“Pacific Blue will cease flying New Zealand domestic routes and redeploy its New Zealand-based aircraft on to trans-Tasman and medium haul international routes. Guests holding forward bookings on New Zealand domestic routes from 18 October onward will be provided with re-accommodation and refund options,”
“By year-end, V Australia will be fully devoted to international long haul business more suited to the B777 fleet, with Fiji serviced by Pacific Blue."
• From 6 August 2010, Brisbane - Hamilton (New Zealand) flights increase from three to four flights per week. Sydney – Hamilton flights ceased on 30 July;
• From 18 August 2010, Denpasar - Melbourne direct flights will increase from five flights per week to daily;
• From 19 August 2010, Perth – Phuket services will increase from two to three flights per week;
• From 17 September 2010, Brisbane – Dunedin services will increase from three to four flights per week; and
• From 31 October 2010, Christchurch – Melbourne frequency will increase from four flights per week to a daily service.
Virgin Blue Press release HERE
Dominion Post Stuff article HERE